14 June 2012

N.Y.C - Colour Rush


I went into Penneys on Monday this week and as I approached the NYC stand the stock'em up lady as I shall call her just put this tray of new products out. 

Review time! Smooch Proof Lip Stain in Orange on the Go, High line Green,Lexington Yellow and Water Street Blue.


Firstly the packaging caught my eye, I chose Orange on the go over the red lip stain because I keep hearing everyone in the blogasphere rave about orange lips this summer. I love how the outer packaging correlates with the actual product colour. I also like the marker style tip, it gives all over colour with the wider base and you can use the narrower tip for more precision when applying to your lips. I used a lip stain lipstick by Barry M before and let me just say when you apply that wrong there is no going back. I had high expectations for this product regards to colour pay out and I was a little let down but I am not saying this is a bad product. I had subtle hint of orange and with a layer of lip balm on top I was left with juicy looking lips. There is also a fruity scent too. You can layer the product to get a better colour pay out but I found the tip becoming dry and rubbing the tip along my lips started to remove product and not put more on after two coats.


High Line Green

Lexington Yellow over NYC Pinstripe White

Water street blue

For €1.29 each you can't go wrong. I was pretty impressed with these polishes. High Line Green is a One coat wonder. I love when I find a polish that makes me go "WOW". Great quality and great colour with just one coat. Now.. Lexington yellow. I think Yellow is a polish I struggle with quite a bit. I have yet to find one that doesn't take 3-4 coats until I am happy and I have seven other yellows by different brands. Lexington yellow took three coats on its own and over a white polish it took two and the colour popped much better. 
I thought water street Blue was going to be a one coat wonder and it almost was. When I went to take photos the flash showed that you could still see my natural white tip underneath so I applied a second coat for a full even coverage. Still a pretty great polish and so affordable.

Love,
Sarah

P.s If you are interested in winning yourself a bottle of Water Street Blue I am giving one away on my facebook page along with lots of other goodies HERE





9 comments:

  1. Great post :) Believe it or not I've never tried anything by NYC despite all the times I've passed the stand in my local Superdrug but I definitely will try the nail polishes seen as they're only €1.29 :)

    Emma XO

    http://themakeupbuff.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never? You have to try their blushable creme sticks. Amazing.

      Delete
  2. oh wow so colourful, what penneys was this?? im from limerick and they only recently got essence and catrice stands so hopefully nyc will arrive too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penneys on O'Connell street in Dublin :D Check your local boots, perhaps they might have a stand :D

      Delete
  3. Loving the colours, never tried any of their stuff before! Will deff be getting the yellow nail polish! Hopefully it will come up well on acrylic nails! Hope they're in my Penneys, because we only just got a proper essence stand too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would defo recommend putting it over a white base :D

      Delete
  4. ooh loving lip stains right now would love to try these ones:)
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get the other one next time I'm in town :D Let me know what you think if you try them out.

      Delete
  5. I just picked up lexington yellow the other day, not happy with it at all! I might try what you did though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...