29 July 2012

Glossy Box Beauty July 2012


What treats did the July GlossyBox bring me?


Bex London
Londoner Urban Fragrance
Modern fragrance inspired by the unique character and idiosyncrasies of London.
My Thoughts: It's not a scent I would purchase for myself. It doesn't have any girlie, fruity qualities to it. Frankly it reminds me of a musky air freshener my granddad use to have in his car.
Boyfriends Thoughts: "Smells like church"

MONU
Calming Cream
A green tinted cream that works by neutralising the redness often noticed on the cheeks and chin area.
My Thoughts: I was worried about the green tint making me look like the Incredible hulk but I was pleasantly surprised as I blended it in it became unnoticeable. It has a nice smell that I would often associate with facial creams. I noticed an immediate difference when I applied it to the redness on my cheeks.

NUXE
Apply this dry oil to your face, body and hair all year round.
My Thoughts: I have not had a chance to try this product out yet. I am loving my oil products lately so I will update as soon as I have tried it.


Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics
Lip Frosting - Irish cream Pavlova
A multifunctional cream gloss. Use on lips for a tint of colour or cheeks for a luminous glow.
My Thoughts: I LOVED the smell of this as soon as I opened the lid. As a lip product it is sticky but if you don't apply too much it can add a nice touch of colour. I would use this more on my cheeks, again use only a little for a nice pink glow.

Awapuhi (Pardon!) Wild Ginger
Texturizing Sea Spray
A surf inspired spray that adds texture and body to any locks.
 My Thoughts: Not tested on animals, always a major plus. Great product for the summer time, easy going  purposely messy hair look. I can't pull off that look unfortunately because my hair is so short but it has an 18 month life span so I will get to use it once my hair grows out. Oh, it smells nice!


BONUS PRODUCT

Elizabeth Adren's Visable difference gentle hydrating line.
Cleanser, optimizing skin serum and gentle hydrating cream SPF 15 samples.


I have to say none of these products have a wow factor for me but the box as a whole this month I am happy with. Apart from the perfume I would use everything else in the box. 

What did you get in your glossy box?

If you would like to sign up to glossybox you can HERE

Love,
Sarah



2 comments:

  1. The monu calming cream sounds great!

    lol at 'it smells like church' - don't think I would want to use that perfume!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have never used a product like that before I will be interested to see how I get on with it. Its a great big sample too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...