21 July 2012

New York Colour Lip Stains



From left to right: Orange on the go, Persistent Pink, Unstoppable Red and Berry Long time.

I was recently sent these NYC Smooch Proof  16H Lip Stains to review for you. I have already mentioned Orange to go on my blog and you can read about it Here


Swatches: Persistent Pink and Unstoppable Red look very similar when swatched and Berry long time stands out the most for me. A lovely deep plum shade. 

Packaging:
I love the pen application of these lip stains, never has applying a lip product been so easy and mess free. My friend asked me had I applied foundation around my lips to give the illusion of a flawless application, that's how cool these pens are. I like how the colour of the packaging reflects the colour of the product. All of the products come wrapped in clear plastic so you know it hasn't been used before buying which is great. I hate not know if someone has always used a product and put it back on the shelf in the store.

Staying power:
 Packaging suggests 16H but I can't go more than three hours without eating. Colour stays on fine until my hunger kicks in and then I have to reapply afterwards. The product itself is water based so you don't feel like your even wearing anything on your lips.

Colour:
A great variety of colours for all types, moods and occasions. I find the colour to be matte when applied on its own and I like a nice shine. Almost like gloss without having to actually use gloss. I can't stand the gloopy feeling of lip glosses for some reason. I use a touch of Vaseline over these to give me my desired look. 





NYC Lip stains retail at €3.99 and you can check out their Facebook page HERE from more updates on exciting new products this Summer.

Love,
Sarah

Follow me on twitterInstagram and check out my Facebook page




9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about lip gloss, it can be very irritating!
    Im excited about these, i didnt know nyc made them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I am really into lipstains at the moment. I wish we had NYC here but i'll look for these the next time I'm overseas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent heard of these before but the colour pay off seems really good, especially on the lighter pink one, i find lighter lip stains never show up well on the lips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They dry quickly so you can build them up :D

      Delete
  4. I want them ALL! Even the orange one which I just know will look woeful on! Still it looks nice! My concern would be no colour on my top lip as this has happened with the Bourjois ones from yesteryear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lip stains seem very popular..must try out the orange to go one. What a great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHECK OUT MY BLOG !! : http://fashioninmysteps.blogspot.com.es/
    Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look pretty good for the price tag, the vaseline idea is great as my lips tend to dry out so I dont think these would do me any favours on their own! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fab, I love the pen application, sounds nice. I love Unstoppable Red on you, lovely colour xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...